There’s no better way to protect your Manchester, NH home than with home insurance. If your home is damaged in a storm or any of your valuables stolen, home insurance can help compensate you for your loss. Home insurance from AS Insurance Agency will also protect you against a lawsuit if someone has an accident on your property. Here are some important facts you should know about home coverage.
- Home dwelling insurance covers damage to your home structure. Most policies protect you against common perils like wind and rainstorms, hurricanes, tornadoes, fire, and other disasters. Ideally, you should obtain enough dwelling protection to rebuild your home if it’s demolished in a disaster.
- Home property insurance safeguards your belongings. This includes furniture, appliances, electronics, clothing, and other personal items. Standard policies have limits on the coverage they provide. If you own high-end goods, talk to your AS Insurance agent about extra insurance protection to cover the value of these items.
- Property insurance gives you a choice of actual cash value (ACV) coverage or replacement cost coverage. ACV coverage compensates you for the cost of stolen or damaged goods after subtracting a percentage for depreciation. Replacement cost coverage helps replace your goods at current market costs.
- Home liability insurance pays for the medical expenses of people who have accidents on your property. This may range from cuts and bruises to broken bones to concussions from falling down the stairs. If a significant accident leads to a lawsuit, liability insurance helps cover your legal costs.
- Home insurance covers theft, vandalism, and many types of disasters. It doesn’t, however, cover flood damage. To protect your Manchester, NH home and goods from flooding, you’ll need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy.
For more information about home coverage and costs, contact AS Insurance Agency today.